Fast Worldwide Delivery
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
12 Month Warranty
Expert Customer Support
If you have a much older Pico Genie projector and don't see your manual in this list, please feel free to use the live chat or contact us.
Do they connect to both Macbook and IOS iPad and iPhones?
Yes, the Pico Genie range will all connect to MacBook Pro’s, iPads, and iPhones wirelessly.
If the Mac Pro also has USB-C the Impact 4 can also mirror via a USB-C cable i.e wired. Only the Impact 4 has the USB-C option.
The Impact 2, 3, and 4 will also mirror to iPads and iPhones via the apple charging cable.
How do I connect my IOS device to any of the Pico Genie Impact projectors?
There are two ways of connecting to the Pico Genie Impact projectors, you can either:
- Connect using a USB lightning charger cable (iPhone charger) OR
- Connect Wirelessly using screen mirroring. Ensure both devices are connected to the same wi-fi network > then click the Airplay / screen mirroring icon on the mac > choose ID "PICO-XXXXXXX"
Please note, some newer IOS devices use USB-C and will require a USB-C to HDMI adaptor (Mini HDMI for Impact 2.0) for wired screen mirroring.
How do I connect my Android device to any of the Pico Genie Impact projectors?
There are two ways of connecting to the Pico Genie Impact projectors via Android, you can either:
- Connect using your phone port to HDMI adaptor OR...
- Connect Wirelessly using screen mirroring. Ensure both devices are connected to the same wi-fi network > Download the eShare app on your mobile phone > Open the eShare app on your projector first then on your mobile phone > On your mobile phone connect to the projector via the eShare app (it should be named EShare-XXXX)
Impact 4.0 allows direct connection via a USB-C connection
For more information on mirroring see the video below
How do I connect my laptop / PC to any of the Pico Genie Impact projectors?
If you are unable to wirelessly connect to your computer, you will need to install eShare for PC onto your projector.
To install the eShare app > download the app and copy it to a USB drive > insert the USB into the projector > go to the file manager on the projector, find the app, and install the eShare app.
Alternatively, you can connect via an HDMI cable.
How do I connect my Mac to the Impact 4.0 Plus?
To mirror to your Mac from the Impact 4.0 plus, please put the projector and the Mac on the same network. Then, open the AirPlay feature on your Mac and select "ESHARE-XXX" for wireless screen mirroring which is similar to how you would mirror an iPhone to a Mac.
If you need a wired screen mirroring option, you will require a HDMI cable along with a MAC HDMI converter. Please note, it is currently not possible to install EShare onto Macs. However, you can use other apps like AIRSCREEN instead as an alternative.
How do I use the Zoom Out function on the Impact 4.0 Plus?
The Impact 4.0 Plus offers a zoom feature that reduces the image in size, so it needs to start as a larger image if you want to make it smaller. However, with all of our portable projectors you can also manually move them closer or further away from the projection surface to change the size accordingly as well as using keystone to fine tune the picture.
To find the zoom out function, tap the top right-hand button on the remote > Select “Projector” from the menu that appears > Then select “Four Point Keystone”.
You’ll see Zoom at the top of this menu to which you can zoom out.
How do I connect my MAC to any of the Pico Genie Impact projectors?
Connect both devices to the same wi-fi network, then click the Airplay / screen mirroring icon on the mac and choose ID "PICO-XXXXXXX"
See your user manual for more information.
How to pair the Impact 4.0 Plus remote as a Bluetooth Remote
- Turn on the Bluetooth function on the projector.
- Simultaneously press and hold the "1" and "2" keys on the remote control. The remote-control indicator light will start flashing red.
- While the indicator light is flashing, search for available Bluetooth devices on the projector. Look for a device named "BT_MOUSE" in the list of available devices.
- Select the "BT_MOUSE" device to initiate the pairing process.
How do I connect the mouse to the Pico Genie Impact 1.0?
The mouse carries a USB dongle underneath it, this needs to be taken out of the mouse and inserted into the projector for it to work.
Pico Genie Impact 1.0 Keeps Asking to Reboot Upon Start-Up
Ensure you have removed the wireless mouse's USB dongle from the projector beforehand and then try starting the projector back up.
What to do if the remote isn't working for the Pico Genie Impact projectors?
Ensure the batteries are working and placed into the remote correctly.
Also, ensure you are pointing the remote at the IR receiver, this is on the back of the unit. If struggling to use the remote you can also plug in a mouse and use either Impact projector like a PC. (See FAQ about pairing the remote as a Bluetooth remote for more range further above).
My Pico Genie Impact projector is out of focus or keeps trying to focus?
Use the focus wheel to put the projector into focus, this is usually found on the side of the projector. Impact 4.0 standard model and 4.0 Plus have auto focus and manual focus and can be done via the remote or projection settings on the Impact 4.0 Plus.
If you have an Impact 4.0 plus and are using this for art tracing and find the projector is have difficulty focusing or is constantly trying to focus. This is due to the motion of your body or hand in front of the lens / projector.
The projector will try to focus if the surface or projector is moving or changing position such as movement on a tripod, tilting the projector or shifting it slightly.
To remedy this, head to the projector settings and turn OFF auto focus.
Turning off this feature also allows you to use the zoom out / in feature which you can also find in the same menu where keystoning and auto focus also reside.
To manually focus, use the focus button on the remote or use the projection settings menu and manually alter the focus there.
How do I connect my Pico Genie Impact projector to a mobile hotspot?
- Go into your phone's settings > Mobile data / hotspot
- Turn on your mobile hotspot and give it a password
- Ensure the mobile hotspot is made visible to other devices
- On the projector, go to wi-fi, click your hotspot, and connect using the password you setup
If you are having issues connecting to your mobile hotspot then please try the following:
- Try changing the hotspot password, turning off the hotspot, and then turning it back on to try again
- Try changing the security settings on your mobile hotspot settings (it should be set to WPA2)
- Try factory resetting the projector within the settings and trying again, this usually fixes most bugs on projector
For more information see the video belowMy Impact projector won't connect to the Wi-Fi
- Try turning off both the router and projector. Turn the router back on, once back up and running turn on the projector and try to connect the projector again.
- Move the projector closer to the router
- Remove some devices from your Wi-Fi network, you may have too many connected
- Try connecting to someone else's Wi-Fi, this will determine if the issue is with your projector or your Wi-Fi
How to change the projection orientation on the Impact range?
From the home screen > go to “Settings” > “Projection Setting” > “Projection Setting” > from here you can choose the following options to reverse the image:
- Front Projection
- Rear Projection
- Ceiling Projection
- Flip Projection
For more information, check out the video below!
The projected image looks out of proportion on my projector
This could be due to how the keystone correction / 4 corner correction is set up.
Reset the keystone, try projecting straight on, and see if it still looks out of proportion.
How to adjust the image (keystone correction) on the Pico Genie Impact projectors?
From the main menu on the projector > go to Settings > Projection Settings > Projector Keystone
Once on this menu, you can adjust each corner until it is square.
How to enlarge/reduce the image on the Pico Gene Impact projector?
To enlarge the photo you will have to move the projector further away from the surface you are projecting on.
To make the image smaller, move the projector closer.
Another way to enlarge the image, if you are screen mirroring, is by ‘pinching’ the screen to enlarge the image.
How to access a USB on a Pico Genie Impact projector?
- Plug your USB stick into the projector (ideally, one that is less than 32GB or it may not recognise it)
- Then go to apps and access the file manager app
- Within the file manager app, click on your USB and from there you will find all the data that is stored on the USB stick
For information on wireless mice and keyboards see the video below
How To Update The iMirror/AirPlay App Pico Impact Projectors? (When iOS Devices Won't Mirror)
Download this file here and upload it onto a USB drive. On the projector, access the USB drive and install the file.
Why is my battery not holding charge on my Pico Genie Impact projector?
When charging the projector, please use the original PSU to ensure the correct amount of voltage is being transmitted to the device.
If the power provided into the projector is lower than the 5V/3A PSU provided, this will be inefficient and unable to keep the projector running as it simply does not have enough power to both charge and keep the projector running.
If you intend to use the projector for long periods of time and need continuous power, please make sure to use the original PSU or a 3A charger.
How To Factory Reset Pico Genie Impact Projectors
From the Home Screen > Click into 'Settings' > Click 'Update' > Then click 'Factory data reset'
It can take around 5 minutes to factory reset the projector, please don't press any buttons or try turn it off until it has finished. It's also advisable to keep it plugged in while resetting so the battery doesn't die while resetting.
For more information play the video below.
If this happens, click the projector settings button on your remote (it's right above the up arrow) and restore it to the default settings
How to loop a video
Via the built-in MX media player, play the video then on the remote press the menu button and select the loop option from the top right.
With the Pico Genie Impact and M550 range of projectors, you can also download apps onto the projector itself and choose alternative media players such as VLC media player.
Pico Genie Impact Range: Brightness and Resolution Comparison
Pico Genie Impact Range: A Comparison For Artists